Monday, August 12, 2013

Status update - August 2013

Well, it's been a long time since my last post and a lot has been going on. I'm still alive and hacking :)

I've been mostly working on my research but a lot of side projects have managed to find their way into the mix. I'll try to post on several of them over the next week or two before school starts.

Here's a quick tease of what I'll be posting on soon. These are all WIP projects, some closer to completion than others.
  • Splash - open source build system borrowing many ideas from Google Blaze
  • My new "raised floor" desktop FPGA cluster
  • The custom SoC framework that I'm building my thesis project on top of
  • The SNMP-managed DC power distribution unit feeding 5V and 12V power to all of my dev boards
  • A custom FPGA+ARM SoC based JTAG ICE system (in early planning at this time) bridging 8 or 16 JTAG master ports to gigabit Ethernet

1 comment:

  1. The top four sound awesome, the fifth sounds a little terrifying.

    Looking forward all around!

    ReplyDelete